I love cooking and trying out new recipes. I saw this recipe posted to the paleo recipe site PaleOMG. Eating healthy is all about being prepared and sometimes casseroles are so easy to throw together, pop in the oven, and eat. I’m always looking for new ways to use ingredients and this one caught my eye. I made a few changes based on what I had in my fridge and it was yummy and husband approved. Next time I will definitely be trying it with chorizo. Make sure to check out PaleOMG for lots of yummy recipes!
Follow this link to original website: http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-green-chile-chorizo-cauliflower-casserole/
Below is the recipe with the slight changes I made from the original recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 eggs, whisked
- lots of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add ground beef and yellow onion to the pan and brown meat.
- Once meat is fully cooked through, add diced green chiles to the pan and mix well.
- After everything is mixed, remove from heat and add to a large bowl.
- Using a food processor(I used a blender to make my cauliflower rice) with the shredding attachment, add cauliflower florets and puree until you get cauliflower rice. Place cauliflower rice in bowl.
- Add garlic powder, whisked eggs to bowl along with lots of salt and pepper (more salt than pepper) and mix everything together. Remember that the cauliflower will want the flavor.
- Add mixture to a greased 9×13 glass baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before eatin’ up. Top with diced green onions, if you’d like!