It’s fall! There is nothing better than a delicious and healthy soup on a chilly fall day. Avoid the extra calories by eliminating the heavy cream but not sacrificing the taste. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients – This soup is paleo!
- 1 whole Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock, choose free range and organic
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- Sauté chopped onion in coconut oil in a large pot.
- Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add chopped butternut squash to pot, and pour in broth.
- Boil the butternut squash in the broth until tender.
- Puree soup in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth. I used an immersion blender which was very easy.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and chopped walnuts.