“Our beliefs about what we are and what we can be precisely determine what we can be” – Tony Robbins
I love this quote for many reasons. I coach clients daily on positive attitudes and believing in themselves. I want so much for all my client to feel their best, look their best, and reach all of their goals. It is so very important for those individuals to really want it for themselves. I know that things come up and life can get very busy. Excuses are something I hear constantly. I’m too tired, on a tight budget, too busy, and the list goes on. The fact is that throughout life these things will happen but that doesn’t mean exercise is the first thing you should drop. Think about your goals and realize that you will have to work for them. You will have to believe in yourself and you need to surround yourself with people who believe in you too. No more excuses!
1. Too Busy. You can get a great workout in just 20 minutes. Break up your workout into two 15 minute sessions. You do not need an hour to get a good workout in. Wake up early. Turn off the TV. Small changes make huge differences.
2. I hate going to the gym. You don’t need to go to the gym! Try an outdoor workout. Body weight exercises such as planks, jump squats, and push-ups will have you sweating in no time. Purchasing a few pieces of equipment like a kettlebell and stability ball are great to have at home and perform exercises while you are watching TV.
3. I have no money. How many times a month do you go out? How many times do you go to Target for something that costs $5 but you end up spending $75?How many times are you going to Starbucks? Log into your online banking and see what purchases come under I WANT versus I NEED. Many monthly gym memberships can be less than the cost of a cup of coffee! Many of my bootcamps and group workouts are less than $8 a class. Personal training and gym memberships are very affordable. Considering the amazing benefits you get from working out it will be well worth the money.
4. Working out is boring. Yeah, when you’re on the treadmill it is pretty boring. Try a class. Do a session with a trainer to learn new exercises. Change it up constantly and have fun!
5. Too tired. Put down the coffee and put on your sneakers. When you exercise you have more energy! You will also sleep better at night.
6. I never stick to exercise. Do you brush your teeth every morning? I hope so! That was a learned habit. Daily exercise needs to be developed the same way. Exercise everyday at 7 AM. Find a time that works for you and stick to it. Hire a trainer or attend a group class to make yourself accountable. Pay for session up front so you are committed.
Put an end to excuses. If you are tired of feeling and looking the same way you need to change. Henry Ford said, “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” Believe in yourself. It’s amazing what can happen with a positive attitude and determination.
Questions? Please e-mail me at email@example.com