I always love healthy alternatives to favorite dishes. This is easy and ready to serve in 30 minutes! Nothing is better than a quick healthy dinner on a week night. I served it with roasted butternut squash and green beans but it would also be delicious with a yummy salad. Enjoy!
· 4 green or red bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
· 1 pound ground turkey
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 cup sliced mushrooms
· 1 zucchini, chopped
· 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
· 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
· 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained. I used fire roasted for extra flavor!
· 1 tablespoon tomato paste
· Italian seasoning to taste
· garlic powder to taste
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap the bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven. Remove from heat.