The American College of Sports Medicine has released its top fitness trends for 2013 survey. It’s always interesting to me to see where fitness has come from and is headed. Check out the list below and to see an expanded reading check out the link at the bottom of the page.
1. Educated, Certified, and Trained Fitness Professionals.
2. Strength Training
3. Body Weight Training – Try a TRX class!
4. Children and Obesity – Sad but true more and more children are affected by childhood obesity. Programs based on keeping active is on the rise. Children are the future and we must provide them with healthy habits as they grow.
5. Exercise and Weight Loss
6. Fitness Programs for Older Adults – Baby boomers are here to exercise! We must keep our older Americans healthy, happy, and fit.
7. Personal Training
8. Functional Fitness – Uses strength training to improve balance, coordination, force, power, and endurance to improve one’s ability to perform activities of daily living.
9. Core Training – Strengthening muscles of the abdomen, thorax, and back helps balance and demands of daily movements.
10. Group Personal Training – Working out with others is both motivating and cost effective.
11. Worksite Health Promotion
12. Zumba and Other Dance Workouts – If you love to dance Zumba is for you!
13. Outdoor Activities
15. Worker Incentive Programs – Creating incentive programs to stimulate positive healthy behavior change as part of employer-based health promotion programming and health care benefits.
16. Boot Camp
17. Outcome Measurements
18. Circuit Training – Circuit training is a group of 6 to 10 exercises that are completed one after another and in a predetermined sequence. Each exercise is performed for a specified number of repetitions or for a set period before having a quick rest and moving on to the next exercise.
19. Reaching New Markets
20. Wellness Coaching
For more details and explanations check out the link below!