Great article about Fit 2 Be Wed on Bayside Bride! What a joy to be featured on their awesome blog! Happy reading! Don’t forget new session of Bridal Bootcamp starts July 9th!
Summer is a great time to add fresh tropical fruits to your meals. I love mango added to anything- smoothies, salads, and meat. I love recipes like this that are summery, sweet, easy, and healthy. The recipe listed below is great alone or served on top of a piece of lean protein like grilled chicken or fish. Yummy!
Cucumber, Mango, and Red Onion Salad
- 1 mango, pitted and cut into large cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped- for garnish
Place cucumber, mango, and red onion in a bowl. Season to taste with lime juice and salt. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Makes 4 1/2-cup servings
57 calories,0 grams fat, 14 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 1 gram protein, 50 mg sodium
Enjoy and Happy Summer,
Almost everyone has a smartphone and is looking for ways to keep track of their diet and exercise while on the go. A lot of my clients ask me about what fitness apps are best and most beneficial. Below are a list of my favorite apps to keep you on track with both diet and exercise. The good news is they are all free too!
1. MyFitnessPal- This app is a great way to log food and activity. It charts your progress based on your diary. You can even add friends and encourage each other to stay on track.
2. Nike Training- This app features workouts based on your goals with little to no equipment needed. You can chart your progress and earn rewards based on completed number of workouts. This is a great app to use on days where you are short on time and can’t make it to the gym but still want to get in a great workout at home.
3. Twitter- Social media is a great way to keep yourself motivated. There are so many amazing fitness trainers and companies that release articles, blogs, and workouts that are all free. You can expand your mind, be encouraged, and challenge yourself all by being on Twitter. You can follow me at @wellnesswithp for daily postings of motivation and articles to keep you on track.