Ready for the weekend?! I know I am! I am headed to Pennsylvania for a bridal shower for one of my best friends. It’s going to be a great time and I couldn’t be more happy to be celebrating with her! I know that there will be amazing food and cocktails to indulge in! This is a dilemma most people struggle with every weekend. TEMPTATION. Once 5 o’clock on Friday hits you can not fall off the wagon! Stay true to your goals and stay strong!
Below is the perfect weekend meal that you can whip up in under 30 minutes for you and some friends. I made this a few weekends ago and it was a hit. I love cooking and am lucky to have a great guinea pig, John, who is always up for trying new things! We aren’t huge red meat eaters but sometimes you have to satisfy your cravings! Enjoy!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak- I chose organic from Whole Foods
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste- Don’t let this throw you off!
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup presliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe, cut into 1-inch pieces – I used broccolini which is very similar
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- Place butter in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH 10 seconds. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rind, juice, and anchovy paste; stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add onion, saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper; saute 30 seconds. Stir in broth and rabe or broccolini; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining rind and salt.
- Place 3 ounces steak and 1/2 cup rabe on each of 4 plates. Top each steak with 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon butter.
Calories 223 Fat 11.6 G (sat 5.5g, mono 4.1g, poly 0.5g) Protein 24.8 G Carb 4.3 G Fiber 0.3 G Chol 59mg Iron 2mg Sodium 400mg Calc 49mg