This workout is the total body workout that will have you sweating for the wedding in no time. Use a timer and complete 30 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of rest. Repeat circuit 4 times. Twenty minutes and you are done!
1. Squats with Kettlebell High Row – Start with feet shoulder width apart. Sit back as if you were sitting in a chair. Let kettlebell hang between legs. As you stand up, drive weight through heels and pull kettle bell up just below the chin leading with your elbows.
2. Hip Lifts or Single Leg Hip Lift – Lay on back with legs bent. Drive weight through heels as you lift hips off of mat. If performing single leg float one leg up. If you perform single leg repeat for thirty seconds on each side.
3. Plank – Bend your elbows and rest your weight onto your forearms. The body should form a straight line from your head to your toes. Engage the core by bringing your belly button in towards your spine and hold.
4. Spiderman Push-up – Assume the standard pushup position. As you lower your body toward the floor, lift your right foot off the floor, swing your right leg out sideways, and try to touch your knee to your elbow. Reverse the movement, then push your body back to the starting position. Repeat, but on your next repetition, touch your left knee to your left elbow. Continue to alternate back and forth.
5. Burpees – Begin in standing position and drop down into squat position with your hands on the ground. Kick your feet back into plank position. Immediately return your feet to squat position and stand up.
Who says eating can’t be fast, yummy, and healthy? Not me! This is my go to lunch right now and I look forward to it everyday. All you need is to stop at Trader Joe’s and order your Tessemae’s online or at Whole Foods. So easy it’s awesome!
- Tessemae’s Cracked Pepper Dressing
- Trader Joe’s Broccoli Slaw
- Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch(packed with shredded kale, green cabbage, red cabbage, and brussels sprouts)
- Trader Joe’s Just Chicken
- diced grape tomatoes.
Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli slaw, diced grape tomatoes, cruciferous crunch and drizzle until desired with cracked pepper dressing. Cook until veggies start to turn bright green. Add chicken and cook until warmed through. Enjoy!
2015 FIT BODY OUTDOOR BOOTCAMP SIGN-UP happening NOW!
Interested in training and ready to get outdoors? OUTDOOR FIT BODY BOOTCAMP is the answer! This program is designed to help you gain strength, cardio endurance, flexibility, loose weight and improve body composition. Classes are 40 minutes in length and are infused with circuit training, strength work, and high intensity metabolic training. Be prepared to work hard and see results!
WHEN: MARCH 31st through MAY 5th. Six weeks and we will meet once a week.
WHERE: TUESDAYS at 5:20PM at Bestgate Park
TUESDAYS at 6:20PM at Broadneck Park
PRICE: Before March 20th – $54
AFTER March 20th – $66
***TO SIGN-UP e-mail email@example.com*****
SEE PHOTOS BELOW FROM PAST BOOTCAMPS!
CHECK OUT REGINA’S AWESOME RESULTS!
It’s no secret that I love density circuits. It’s a combination of strength and metabolic work that will have you sweating in no time. Below are five exercises that should be performed back to back in a ten minute time period. Try to do as many sets as possible within that ten minute time span. You can make this as challenging as you like by increasing weight and decreasing rest between each exercise. All you need is a timer and dumbbells or kettlebells! Remember no one ever got fit using 5 pound weights so go heavy.
Set your timer for ten minutes and begin. Perform 8 reps on each exercise and move on to the next. Repeat as many times as possible until your timer goes off.
1. Push-ups – If you haven’t mastered this movement on your toes then perform on your knees. Make sure your bootay isn’t in the air!
2. Goblet Squat
3. Three Point Dumb Bell Row
4. Single Leg Hip Lift
5. Walking Overhead Lunge
Have a great workout!
I can eat breakfast for any meal on any day. I have taken it to a whole new level with the purchase of my new spiralizer from Williams-Sonoma. This is a great tool to add creativity and variety to your Whole30 meals. If you are a breakfast lover like me you will love this meal! It is so easy and healthy!
- One Sweet potato – Spiralized
- One large onion Diced
- Half of a red pepper diced
- ½- 1 tablespoon of ghee
Saute(in Ghee) pepper and onion in large frying pan over medium-high heat until soft. Add sweet potato and season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Cook until edges of potato are golden brown. About 5-10 minutes. Serve with eggs or any dish of your choice. Enjoy!
The finished product! YUM!
Stay tuned for more fun recipes featuring the spiralizer!
If you are interested in purchasing a spiralizer check out the links below! I went with the four blade option for more variety of cuts.
Buy Spiralizer Here
Check out the cookbook too
Keep on cooking,
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. Throw all of the ingredients in the crock-pot and it’s ready in 4 hours! This was my first time cooking with coconut milk and I was hesitant at first but this proved me all wrong! This is definitely a recipe I will make again and again. Whole30 approved too!
Ingredients (I chose all organic)
- 3 large or 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 14 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 carrots cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped
Cook on high for four hours. Once the time is up remove chicken and shred with two forks. Return to crockpot and enjoy!
Time to get back on track after the holidays! This is a tasty recipe lunch or dinner. Easy, delicious, and Whole30 approved! My husband approved too!
- one tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- one chopped onion
- 4-6 oz ground beef
- half a bag of Trader Joe’s diced brussels sprouts
- garlic salt
- ½ sweet potato grated
In a skillet, heat ghee over medium heat. Once warm add the chopped onion and garlic salt and cook until it is soft and translucent. Add the sweet potato and continue to saute until soft. Add the beef and a dash more garlic salt. Cook until beef is browned and fully cooked. Add the brussels sprouts and saute until bright green and slightly crispy on the edges. Enjoy!
Make more than you need so you can enjoy the next day for lunch or dinner! Be prepared with healthy meals and you will stay on track.
Protein is a truly important aspect of every diet. It keeps you full and helps build muscles. Protein is found in bone, muscle, hair, skin, and virtually every body part and tissue. Adults are encouraged to get 10%-35% of their day’s calories from protein. That is about 46 grams for women and about 56 grams for men. Plant protein is often overlooked and underrated in diets. Below are some great options for incorporating plant proteins to your diet.
Green Peas – One cup has almost 9 grams of proteins.
Lentils – High in fat and low in fiber and one cup of cooked lentils has 18 grams of protein. Try it in soups…..yum!
Broccoli – Your mom was right, eat your broccoli. It contains beta carotene, zinc, and selenium, which helps strengthen the immune system. One cup of cooked broccoli has about 6-7 grams of protein
Quinoa – Great on salads, soups, or as an oatmeal. One cup has nine grams of complete protein.
Hemp seeds – Rich in fatty acids including omega-3s. A 1 ounce serving has about 10 grams of protein.
Don’t forget to eat a protein at every meal!
I love to highlight the hard work and dedication of my clients. Becca started training with me in May of 2012 and is still going strong. She comes ready to work out and is always asking me to turn up the music! Becca’s upbeat and fun personality is what makes my job so enjoyable. In March of 2014, Becca decided to really dial in her diet and lost additional inches and pounds. I’m so happy that Becca has made exercise a habit and has achieved many of her goals. Way to go Becca!
Name: Becca Boyd
When did you start working with Priscilla?: May 2012
Initial Weigh:168 lbs.
Current Weight: 147 lbs.
Mesurements December 2012:
- Waist 34.5 inches
- Hips: 43 inches
- Thighs: Right – 23 inches, Left – 23 inches
- Biceps: Right- 12 inches, Left – 12 inches
Measurements July 2014
- Waist: 31 inches
- Hips: 40 inches
- Thighs: Right – 20.5 inches, Left – 20.5 inches
- Biceps: Right – 11.5 inches, Left – 11.5 inches
Initial Goals: lose weight, tone, get stronger
Accomplishments?: I’m much stronger and have lost 20 pounds. I have more energy and feel so much better all day instead of having highs and lows of exhaustion, moodiness and feeling lethargic. My major carb cravings have gone away which is huge for me!
Why do you think you have achieved your goals?: I finally listened to Priscilla when she kept telling me to change my diet and I lost additional weight and inches within the past 2 months while still continuing my current training with her.
What are your new goals?: Add more days of exercise into the week. Stay healthy and lose 10 more pounds
What do you love about working out with Priscilla?: She’s fun and positive and keeps changing up the exercises we do!
Advice to other who are looking to begin an exercise program?: Try it for a month and see what you think. It’s not your average “boot camp” class!
Favorite healthy Snack or Meal?: 1/2 banana with almond butter
To start a training program today e-mail Priscilla at firstname.lastname@example.org!